Dealing with legal issues can be frustrating. Fortunately, our team of experienced Oklahoma and Arkansas attorneys can help you resolve matters related to family law, divorce, child custody, criminal defense, child abuse, and more.
Committed to Helping Clients Obtain the Best Possible Case Results
With decades of collective experience, Bundy Law Office is a leading law firm specializing in representing clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries. Our team of skilled attorneys is dedicated to providing personalized legal services, guided by a deep understanding of the unique challenges that arise in such cases. We pride ourselves on our unwavering commitment to our clients, our relentless pursuit of justice, and our ability to achieve outstanding results on their behalf.
Catastrophic injuries can drastically change an individual's life and harm not only their physical health, but also their emotional and financial stability. The consequences of these injuries often extend beyond the victim, affecting their families and loved ones. It is crucial to have capable and compassionate attorneys by your side during such challenging times to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
At Bundy Law Office, we focus on a wide range of catastrophic injury cases, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, severe burns, amputations, and multiple fractures. We understand that each case is unique, and we approach them with the utmost diligence and care, taking the time to fully understand the specific circumstances surrounding each client's situation.
If you or a loved one have suffered a catastrophic injury, our Bentonville catastrophic injury attorneys are here to help. Call (918) 992-2142 to schedule an initial consultation.
What Is Considered a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury refers to an injury that leaves a person with permanent damage or disability, often requiring a lifetime of medical care and assistance. Common types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns
- Multiple fractures
- Organ damage
What Are the Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries can occur in various situations and are often caused by accidents involving negligence, recklessness, or intentional harm. Some common scenarios that can lead to catastrophic injuries include:
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Sports-related injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Acts of violence
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Catastrophic Injuries?
The impact of a catastrophic injury is far-reaching and can affect every aspect of a person's life, as well as the lives of their family members. Some long-lasting effects are:
- Physical. Catastrophic injuries can cause chronic pain, limited mobility, and the need for ongoing medical care, surgeries, and rehabilitation. In many cases, victims may require assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or prosthetic limbs, to perform daily tasks.
- Psychological and emotional. The emotional and psychological effects of a catastrophic injury can be just as devastating as the physical consequences. Victims may experience depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other mental health issues as they cope with their new reality.
- Financial. The financial burden of a catastrophic injury can be overwhelming. Medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and lost income due to the inability to work can quickly add up, leaving victims and their families struggling to make ends meet.
Compensation in an Arkansas Catastrophic Injury Claim
You can seek compensation for both economic and non-economic damages if you have suffered a catastrophic injury due to negligence. Economic damages cover the financial losses suffered by the victim due to the injury, and these damages can be calculated based on bills, receipts, and expert testimony regarding the victim's future financial needs.
Non-Economic damages aim to compensate the victim for non-financial losses, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life. Non-economic damages can be more challenging to quantify, as they involve subjective assessments of the victim's suffering. However, factors such as the severity of the injury, the victim's age, and the impact on their daily life can be considered when determining an appropriate amount.
Get Started on Your Claim Today
You don't have to navigate your catastrophic injury claim alone. Let the experienced attorneys at Bundy Law Office guide you through the legal process and fight for the justice you deserve. When you retain our services, you can trust our attorneys with your case as:
- We all have jury trial experience and are also prepared to handle case negotiations.
- We are committed to honing our negotiation, litigation, and other important skills to better serve our clients.
- We treat our clients with respect and take the time to learn your story, understand the impact of your injuries, and address your concerns.
- We work tirelessly to help our clients achieve the most favorable case results.
- We have decades of collective legal experience.
To learn more about how we can help you, call (918) 992-2142 or complete our online contact form today.