Danya Bundy represents private clients in prenuptial agreements and in family law disputes involving child custody, alimony, child support, and domestic violence claims. Fluent in Arabic and German, she advises on international matters, including Hague treaty child abduction claims.
While attending the University of Tulsa College of Law, Danya first interned with the Tulsa County Public Defender, then she worked for two years with an immigration attorney. After passing the bar, her courtroom experience began with representation of parents in juvenile deprived cases, where she helped parents work through challenges including mental health problems and substance abuse addiction. She also gained experience working with domestic violence victims and helping them to obtain the protections they need against their abusers.
After law school, Danya trained at the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers’ Institute for Family Law Associates, the National Criminal Defense College, and at the AAML / Harvard Law Negotiation Seminar for Family Law Lawyers. She is one of few Oklahoma attorneys in private practice who has first-chair jury trial experience in cases involving parental rights.
Her courtroom experience, combined with her ongoing professional development and training, makes her a fierce advocate for parents in divorce and custody proceedings. With special training for negotiating high stakes disputes, Danya has negotiated favorable deals for Oklahomans and foreign nationals in a variety of situations, including civil litigation and criminal investigations. Her skill is acknowledged by her peers, as reflected in her recognitions by Super Lawyers Rising Stars and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars - 2020-2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch - 2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- National Association of Counsel for Children
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 2020
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2018
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2018
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- B.S. - 2015
- Honors: magna cum laude
- The Intersection of Immigration Law and Family Law, Seminole County Bar Association, 09/14/2018 to 09/14/2018
- Walking the Line: Advanced Cross-Examination Techniques, NACDL, 05/02/2019 to 05/03/2019
- Institute for Family Law Associates, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 06/20/2019 to 06/23/2019
- Online Cross-Examination Workshop, National Criminal Defense College, 06/12/2020 to 07/10/2020
- 2021 AAML / Harvard Law Negotiation Seminar for Family Law Lawyers, 4/30/2021 to 5/1/2021