Danya Bundy represents private clients in prenuptial agreements and family law disputes involving child custody, alimony, child support, and domestic violence claims. Fluent in Arabic and German, she advises on international matters, including Hague treaty child abduction claims.
While attending the University of Tulsa College of Law, Danya first interned with the Tulsa County Public Defender; then, she worked with an immigration attorney for two years. After passing the bar, her courtroom experience began with the representation of parents in juvenile deprived cases, where she helped parents work through challenges including mental health problems and substance abuse addiction. She also gained experience working with domestic violence victims and helping them to obtain the protection they need against their abusers. Danya's training after law school includes the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers’ Institute for Family Law Associates, the National Criminal Defense College, and the AAML / Harvard Law Negotiation Seminar for Family Law Lawyers. In 2022, she completed an intensive 8-day trial advocacy program at the National Family Law Trial Institute in Houston, Texas.
Danya is one of few Oklahoma attorneys in private practice who has first-chair jury trial experience defending parental rights. Her courtroom experience and ongoing professional development and training make her a fierce advocate for parents in divorce and custody proceedings. A natural in the courtroom, Danya frequently obtains advantageous private settlements on behalf of her clients thanks to her strong negotiation skills and reputation for successful trial outcomes. Danya has negotiated favorable deals for Oklahomans and foreign nationals in a variety of situations, including family law, civil litigation, and criminal investigations. Her peers acknowledge her as a top-flight practitioner, as reflected in her recognitions by Super Lawyers Rising Stars and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars™
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- National Association of Counsel for Children
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2018
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2018
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- B.S. - 2015
- Honors: magna cum laude