Dealing with legal issues can be frustrating. Fortunately, our team of experienced Oklahoma and Arkansas attorneys can help you resolve matters related to family law, divorce, child custody, criminal defense, child abuse, and more.
Legal matters can swiftly become complex and challenging in the intricate realm of taxation. At Bundy Law Office, we possess a profound comprehension of the nuances surrounding tax evasion cases in Oklahoma. Our seasoned legal experts are committed to safeguarding your rights and providing appropriate representation. When faced with tax evasion allegations, securing the services of an adept Tulsa tax evasion lawyer can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Call Bundy Law Office today at (918) 992-2142 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our tax evasion attorney in Tulsa!
What is Tax Evasion?
Tax evasion involves deliberately underreporting, concealing, or misrepresenting income to reduce tax liabilities. This unlawful act can encompass a range of actions, such as intentionally not filing tax returns, hiding assets, inflating deductions, or engaging in fraudulent activities to evade taxes. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax agencies have extensive resources to detect and prosecute instances of tax evasion. When entangled in such a complex legal matter, having the proper legal counsel becomes crucial to protect your rights and interests.
What are the Penalties for Tax Evasion in Oklahoma?
Tax evasion convictions in Oklahoma can have severe consequences at the federal and state levels. These penalties can include substantial fines, criminal charges, and even imprisonment. At Bundy Law Office, we understand the gravity of these potential consequences and are firmly dedicated to constructing an effective defense strategy tailored to your unique circumstances.
Tax evasion is primarily governed by the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) at the federal level. Under federal law, individuals convicted of tax evasion may face up to five years in prison and substantial fines of up to $250,000 for individuals or $500,000 for corporations. Additionally, the court may impose the costs of prosecution upon conviction.
Oklahoma state law also takes tax evasion seriously. In accordance with state statutes, individuals found guilty of tax evasion may be subjected to penalties such as imprisonment for up to 5 years, fines not exceeding $5,000, or both.
Defenses Against Tax Evasion Charges
Facing tax evasion charges can be overwhelming, but you don't have to navigate this complex legal landscape alone. The experienced Tulsa tax evasion lawyers at Bundy Law Office are adept at crafting strong defense strategies to protect your rights and interests. Here are some potential defenses we may explore:
- Lack of Intent: Tax evasion charges hinge on proving intent to defraud. It could strengthen your defense if we can demonstrate that your actions were not willful and deliberate attempts to evade taxes.
- Insufficient Evidence: Our skilled attorneys will meticulously review the evidence against you to identify any inconsistencies or errors that could weaken the prosecution's case.
- Procedural Violations: If law enforcement or tax authorities violated proper procedures during investigation, search, or seizure, it could lead to the exclusion of certain evidence, potentially benefiting your case.
- Mistaken Identity: Individuals are sometimes falsely accused of tax evasion due to mistaken identity or inaccurate information. We will diligently investigate your case to ensure your innocence is upheld.
- Voluntary Disclosure: In specific scenarios, voluntarily coming forward to correct errors or omissions on past returns can mitigate potential penalties.
Contact Our Tulsa Tax Evasion Attorney Today
Navigating the intricate legal terrain of tax evasion charges demands a skilled and experienced legal team. At Bundy Law Office, we are committed to championing your rights and crafting a robust defense strategy to confront the complexities of your case. Tax evasion allegations are serious, but with the right representation, you can work toward securing the best possible outcome.
Contact Bundy Law Office today to schedule a consultation with our tax evasion lawyer in Tulsa!